Want to run anywhere, any time and with whoever you like..?
If so then virtual running could be for you.
We appreciate that it isn’t always possible to take part in an organised event but you’d still like to set yourself a challenge or goal and earn yourself a medal.
We at hoohaah like to keep up with the times and keep you running and active if we can however that might work best for you. With this in mind we are launching our first ever Virtual Run.
The Spring 2019 Virtual Run will be in aid of Elephant Family. a charity set up to protect the dwindling population of Asian elephants. Twenty percent of the proceeds of our virtual run will be donated to this wonderful cause.
We have a ‘live’ 10k race series in March, April and May 2019. You can run any of the events individually or, like many hoohaahers, complete all three to earn yourself a series hoodie. We’d like you to get your trainers on, get running and warmed up in time for our first ‘live’ event in March by taking part in our Virtual Run.
Not sure how that works? Well, here’s how; sign up online for our Virtual Run, run a minimum of 5km between 3rd and 10th February 2019, upload your evidence (ie garmin, strava or similar) by joining our hoohaah club on Strava and making sure your stats are shared with the group or, uploading the evidence to the dedicated event set up on our facebook page.
All evidence of your Virtual run needs to be uploaded no later than midnight on the 11th February. Once we have checked you have reached your goal we’ll send you out your medal.
Having completed your 5km+ virtual run we hope you will be feeling confident to join us at one of our ‘live’ events. We plan to have some wonderful life-sized bamboo replicas of the Asian elephants at our event at Childerley Estates in April. Come and join us there to find out more about this worthwhile cause and hear about the work that is being done with donations such as yours.
Terms and conditions
- Sign up and pay for the Virtual run before you take part. Entry fee is £12
- Complete a run of at least 5km between 3rd and 10th February.
- Upload some evidence by midnight on the 11th February. Evidence may be:
- Garmin data.
- Strava data.
- A picture of your GPS watch or a screenshot of an App showing that you have successfully done the event
- Evidence must be uploaded to either:
- The hoohaah strava club (you would need to request to be a member of the group) or
- The specific Virtual run events page on the hoohaah facebook page
- You will not receive a medal if you fail to complete the run within the specific dates or to upload the evidence in the correct place or outside the specified deadline.
- All race entry fees are non-refundable, and cannot be deferred towards a future race, nor can an entry be transferred from one race to another. You do not have a right to change your mind since the race entry fee is charged in return for our entering you into the race. Your entry is completed as soon as you have completed the race entry process.
- There is no cash alternative to the medal.
- We aim to post out your medal within 2 weeks of the 11th February deadline.