Want to run anywhere, any time and with whoever you like..?
If so then virtual running could be for you.
We appreciate that it isn’t always possible to take part in an organised event but you’d still like to set yourself a challenge or goal and earn yourself a medal.
We at hoohaah like to keep up with the times and keep you running and active if we can however that might work best for you.
We know that some of you weren’t able to take part in our Wimpole 10 mile or half-marathon events this year. However, following feedback from our runners some of you would love the chance to earn yourself an official race medal. With this in mind we have set up Virtual Runs giving you the chance to do just that.
Not sure how that works? Well, here’s how; sign up for a half-marathon or 10 mile Virtual Run, run the specified distance, in one go, and email us your evidence (ie garmin, strava or similar).
All evidence of your Virtual run needs to be uploaded no later than midnight on the 31st December 2019 . Once we have checked you have reached your goal medals will be sent out in the week following the email we received sending us your evidence.
Having completed your virtual run we hope you will be feeling confident to join us at one of our ‘live’ events! Our 2020 runs are posted on the website.
Terms and conditions
- Sign up and pay for the Virtual run before you take part. Entry fee is £10 per medal earning event.
- Complete a run of the specified distance by the 31st December 2019.
- Email some evidence by midnight on the 31st December 2019.
- Evidence may be:
- Garmin data.
- Strava data.
- A picture of your GPS watch or a screenshot of an App showing that you have successfully done the event
- Evidence must be emailed to us using the information in your confirmation email.
- You will not receive a medal if you fail to complete the run within the specific dates or to upload the evidence in the correct place or outside the specified deadline.
- Your evidence must include the date of your run and distance.
- All race entry fees are non-refundable, and cannot be deferred towards a future race, nor can an entry be transferred from one race to another. You do not have a right to change your mind since the race entry fee is charged in return for our entering you into the race. Your entry is completed as soon as you have completed the race entry process.
- There is no cash alternative to the medal.
- The medals will be the Wimpole 10 mile or Wimpole half-marathon medals. However, you do not need to run at that venue you simply need to complete the specified distance to qualify.
- We aim to post out medals in the week commencing the week after the email with evidence has been received from you.
- NB qualifying for the Virtual Run medals DO NOT constitute a qualifying run for the purpose of gaining a 10k series hoodie. Hoodies are ONLY awarded to runners that have physically taken part in our actual ‘live’ 10k runs.