Want to run anywhere, any time and with whoever you like..?
If so then virtual running could be for you.
We appreciate that it isn’t always possible to take part in an organised event but you’d still like to set yourself a challenge or goal and earn yourself a medal.
We at hoohaah like to keep up with the times and keep you running and active if we can however that might work best for you. Following the success of our virtual Elephant Family run we are hosting the ‘Childerley Estate Virtual Run’.
We know that some of you weren’t able to take part in our Childerley Estates 10k on 28thApril. However, following feedback from our runners some of you would love the chance to earn yourself the Childerley Estates Medal given it forms part of our 10k series ‘set’. With this in mind we have set up the Childerley Estates 10k Virtual Run giving you the chance to do just that.
Not sure how that works? Well, here’s how; sign up online for our Virtual Run, run a minimum of 10km between 12th May and 2nd June 2019, upload your evidence (ie garmin, strava or similar) to the dedicated event set up on our facebook page .
All evidence of your Virtual run needs to be uploaded no later than midnight on the 2nd June 2019 . Once we have checked you have reached your goal medals will be sent out in the week commencing 3rd June 2019.
Having completed your virtual run we hope you will be feeling confident to join us at one of our ‘live’ events!
Terms and conditions
- Sign up and pay for the Virtual run before you take part. Entry fee is £10
- Complete a run a minimum of 10k between 12th May and 2nd June 2019.
- Upload some evidence by midnight on the 2nd June 2019. Evidence may be:
- Garmin data.
- Strava data.
- A picture of your GPS watch or a screenshot of an App showing that you have successfully done the event
- Evidence must be uploaded to:
- The specific Virtual run events page on the hoohaah facebook page
- You will not receive a medal if you fail to complete the run within the specific dates or to upload the evidence in the correct place or outside the specified deadline.
- Your evidence must include the date of your run and distance.
- All race entry fees are non-refundable, and cannot be deferred towards a future race, nor can an entry be transferred from one race to another. You do not have a right to change your mind since the race entry fee is charged in return for our entering you into the race. Your entry is completed as soon as you have completed the race entry process.
- There is no cash alternative to the medal.
- We aim to post out medals in the week commencing 3rd June 2019.
- At this stage we cannot be sure we are able to offer a virtual run for our Wimpole 10km. The Childerley Estates Virtual Run medal awarded may therefore not form part of a set unless you have a place and take part in the ‘live’ runs.
- NB qualifying for the Childerley Estates Virtual Run medal DOES NOT constitute a qualifying run for the purpose of gaining a 10k series hoodie. Hoodies are ONLY awarded to runners that have physically taken part in our actual ‘live’ 10k runs.